Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I call them Neck Collars...

These are cute simple accessory that will look good with different shirts. I think instead  of buying one I will D.I.Y. These collars will look good mixed with a different pattern shirts. They make a simple outfit look cute and chic.

Check out this girl who D.I.Y her own collar!!!!!
Her instructions are below...
Completed Project: Detachable Collar Picture #1
1. Fold your fabric in half. Measure around your neck, loosely, or add an inch or two to the measurement. Mine was 16 inches. Mark each end.
Step 1
2. Next, on each end, where your marks are, measure four inches, and cut
Step 2
3. Find the middle point between the two cuts. Measure about an inch and a half, and mark it. This makes it a lot easier to see where you should cut.
Step 3
4. On each end, cut toward the middle mark. It should now look something like a collar

Step 4
5. Fold the ends in (you could iron them to make it easier) and sew each of the ends. The corners are real tricky
Step 5
6. Next, start sewing in the rest from the middle point
Check out more D.I.Y at www.cutoutandkeep.net